Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I dream of cakes..

Well, now that I've turned my kitchen into one of the biggest disasters this Earth has ever seen, I guess I should start showing off the things that come about me being wide eyed and bushy tailed at 4am making cakes! Although it's A LOT of work, and the poor kitchen looks like a deserted battlefield dropped with bombs of sugar and icing and blown up with countless grenades of cake batter and crumbs, I actually love every minute. The kitchen is the one place that I seem to find peace. I find my creative abilities endless, and time infinite. I could actually sit in front of a cake for hours, before deciding just the right color, or decoration, or theme. There is so much more to it than just cake and icing. Pshht. There's a lot more to it! But I seem to have found something that I'm quite gifted at, and something that I actually love to do. Who knew that was even possible! So, here's my little blog, for my little cakes, for my little talent that I hope one day can all grow into something fantastic!

Check back with updates of pictures and stories on all of my cakes, recipes, and fun adventures in the kitchen!

1 comment:

  1. I totally feel you on this. Theres so much more to it and it feels so right. My hearts in it but my problem is in the time arena. damn its difficult to to go to class and have 2 jobs while enjoying all the time that goes into the cake process. I don't know if you saw on Adriane's facebook, I officially got my flight tickets to be there thurs may 21st until the eve of the 24th. I hope you can show me the fun again! - Kristina

    ReplyDelete